ICD is proud to announce that we are the Official IELTS Testing Venue recognized by IDP IELTS Lahore for conducting Computer Delivered IELTS Academic / General Training Exams
Registrations are Now Open
Register For Your IELTS Test
You can now register for IELTS with us simply by clicking the button bellow!
Why choose ICD ?
Institute of Career Development
- High Quality testing lab equipmentfor test takers to provide them peaceful and comfortable atmosphere during their exams.
- At ICD, we offerindividual headphonesfor the Listening test. They are flexible to adjust the volume during listening section at your own convenience.
- White Noise Machinesfor avoiding any distraction during the exam.
- Our team of IELTS expertsare ready to help if you have any questions.
- ICD offers a comprehensive range oflow cost and free IELTS preparationmaterialsto support you as you study for the test.
- Quick resultsin 5 to 7 days. ICD also gives you the option to receive your test results via SMS or through our secure online portal.
The IELTS Academic test is for people applying forhigher educationorprofessional registrationin an English speaking environment. It reflects some of the features of academic language and assesses whether you are ready to begin studying or training. This approach is widely supported by the institutions that recognise IELTS.
IELTS Academic test can be used if you want to:
- Study at eitherundergraduate or postgraduate levelanywhere in the world
- Apply forTier 4 Student Visaat a university that is a Tier 4 Sponsor in the UK
- Work in aprofessional organizationin an English speaking country.
Note: If you are applying to a UK university that has requested you to take an IELTS for UKVI (Visas and Immigration), Please note thatICD is not offering IELTS UKVI , to book your IELTS UKVI Exam, visitthis website.
IELTS is only being conducted at ICD Lahore branch.
IELTS Academic Test Format
|No. of questions = 40
A variety of question:
-Sentence completion4 Recordings will be played and can only be heard once.
|· Recording 1 – a conversation between two people set in an everyday social context.
· Recording 2 – a monologue set in an everyday social context, e.g. a speech about local facilities.· Recording 3 – a conversation between up to four people set in an educational or training context, e.g. a university tutor and a student discussing an assignment.· Recording 4 – a monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture.
( 60 Minutes )
|No. of questions = 40
Assessment of skills below:
|· Three long reading passages with tasks (including diagrams, graphs or illustrations
· Texts range from descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
|No. of Tasks = 2
– One written task to describe, explain or summarize text or diagrams (minimum 150 words)– One essay task (minimum 250 words).
|Task 1 – you will be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram and asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words. You may be asked to describe and explain data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
Task 2 – you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
( 10 – 15 minutes)
|Face-to-face interview with your examiner including short questions about familiar topics and speaking in detail about one topic.
Please note: depending on the test centre location, you may be required to give your speaking exam on the same day of IELTS exam. You may confirm it from test center.
|· Part 1 – the examiner will ask you general questions about yourself and a range of familiar topics, such as home, family, work, studies and interests. This part lasts between four and five minutes.
· Part 2 – you will be given a card which asks you to talk about a particular topic. You will have one minute to prepare before speaking for up to two minutes. The examiner will then ask one or two questions on the same topic.· Part 3 – you will be asked further questions about the topic in Part 2. These will give you the opportunity to discuss more abstract ideas and issues. This part of the test lasts between four and five minutes.
Be better prepared for your IELTS test with ICD. We have highly qualified and experienced tutors who will help you to take the IELTS tests with confidence. Our one-on-one tutor led sessions and wide range of preparation tools help students to practice IELTS and achieve their required scores. Take a look through the IELTS preparation resources and tools offered by ICD below:
|Preparation Classes at ICD||Face to face / Online Classes
• Diagnostic Exams
• Tutor Led Sessions
• Easy Access to Resource Material
• Homework Assignments
• Personalized Score Report
• Teacher Email SupportRegister Now
|IELTS Online preparation Practice Portal||An online preparation portal is designed by Cambridge for IELTS exam preparations.
- 80 hours of interactive practice materials covering each of the four skills
To order click on this link.
|Buy books||IELTS books are available at ICD.
Place your order here..
|IELTS Mock Exams||IELTS mock test including:
150+ hours of practice content
Informative video for computer based IELTS
Test Day Information:
Candidates must adhere following before exam:
- Arrive on time and be prepared – at least 30 minutes before exam start time.
- Bring your Original and VALID ID document – Smart National ID Card or Passport both are acceptable.
- Make sure you are prepared and have something to eat and drink beforehand or during the break. You will not be allowed to take food into the test room. You will only be allowed to take a drink in a transparent bottle.
- ICD do not have on site cafeteria but those who have booked their IELTS Exam with Premium Services will be provided with complementary refreshments. Find out more about Premium IELTS exam booking.
- Be calm and relaxed. If you have any questions - Our friendly Test Centre staff will be there to help you.
- Switch off your mobile phone and any other electronic devices. You will be required to place all personal belongings in secure lockers before you enter exam room.
- Your picture will be taken for record purposes.
- Listen to the supervisor carefully and follow the test day instructions
-Computer-delivered IELTS results will be available between 5 to 7 days after your test.
-You will be notified through SMS & Email.
-You will need your passport or ID number (the same number you used when you registered for the test) and your candidate number.
5 Attested Hard copies for candidates taking IELTS Premium:
When you book your IELTS Premium, you will be provided with additional 5 hard copies of your result which you can send to designated University / organization.
Find out more about IELTS Premium Services at this link
Requesting a Re-mark
If you are not happy with your result, you can apply for a review of your score(s) through a service called an Enquiry on Results (EOR).
During the review process:
- Test papers are re-marked by senior Examiners/Markers, who are not aware of the original marks awarded for each of the test section (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking).
- ICD is then notified of the re-mark result and if the mark has changed, ICD will issue a new Test Report Form (TRF).
The request for a re-mark must be made within six weeks from the exam date. You may ask to re-mark the whole test or any sections of it (Listening, Reading, Writing or Speaking).
You must pay an enquiry fee, which is fully refunded if your band score changes. Contact ICD for more information about fees.
Your result will normally be available in 2 to 21 days, depending on several factors including the number of sections requested for re-mark. If you have not received a response after 28 days, please contact ICD
Frequently Asked Questions
What you need to know about computer-delivered IELTS
Frequently asked questions
For Test Takers Computer-delivered IELTS
What are new IELTS enhancements?
Computer-delivered IELTS provides you with more test date options and faster results.
What is changing?
Computer-delivered IELTS includes the Listening, Reading and Writing sections. The test will be the same as paper-based IELTS for content, scoring, level of difficulty and test format. The IELTS Speaking test is not changing and will still be carried out by a trained IELTS Examiner.
Why choose Computer-delivered IELTS?
With computer-delivered IELTS there are more test dates and test sessions available, allowing you to take IELTS at a time convenient for you. You will also receive your results faster - in 5-7 calendar days
Is the test changing?
The test format is not changing. Computer-delivered IELTS includes the Listening, Reading and Writing sections. The test will be the same as paper-based IELTS for content, scoring, level of difficulty and test format. The IELTS Speaking test is not changing and will still be carried out by a trained IELTS Examiner.
Will there be more IELTS tests available now with the introduction of computer-delivered tests?
Yes, ICD offers multiple test dates in a week to facilitate students who can take their test at their available time.
Will Test Report Forms be released faster?
Results are processed faster and will be available between 5-7 calendar days after the test has been completed.
Is IELTS on a computer harder than IELTS on paper?
No. The test will be the same as paper-based IELTS in terms of content, scoring, level of difficulty and question types.
What practice materials available?
Please view the practice material available at ICD Online store which gives you resources that will help you attain required scores in testing.
I need special arrangements to take IELTS. Can I still sit the computer-delivered test?
Kindly note that we are unable to offer IELTS test with accommodations if needed. So test takers with special requirements are encouraged to contact IDP IELTS to check if the computer delivered test is suitable and they will assign you designated test center.
If you have any further queries, please contact 03111-999-100 or email us at IELTS@icd.org.pk