Test of English as a foreign language
The TOEFL iBT® test measures the ability of non-native English speakers to use and understand English. This test assesses your skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing, that are required for your academic studies, scholarships, immigration and visa processing procedures. TOEFL iBT® test is accepted and recognized in United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, German and United Kingdom.
More than 10000 universities, agencies and other institutions in over 140+ countries accept the TOEFL IBT® test which includes top English-speaking universities worldwide. Use the TOEFL IBT® Destination Search at https://www.toeflgoanywhere.org/search-who-accepts-toefl to find institutions that accept the TOEFL IBT® test and their score requirements.
Test Dates and Location:
TOEFL IBT® test is offered at multiple dates in a month with quick results. To find TOEFL IBT® latest test dates Click Here. ICD conducts exams at centres in Lahore, Islamabad & Quetta. Below are the Test Centre numbers and locations:
STN15149A – Lahore
STN15383A – Islamabad
STN15122A – Karachi
STN20087A – Quetta
Test Registration and Fee:
TOEFL IBT® test can be registered online by creating TOEFL IBT® account and logging in it directly with TOEFL IBT® website. Register here for your exam. Registration closes 7 days before your test date.
Exam Fee = $200 which is Payable online through credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, China Union Pay®, Diners Club®, Mastercard® or VISA®.
You’ll receive a score from 0 to 30 for each section and a total score of 0 to 120 for the entire test. Test takers can view their TOEFL iBT® Reading and Listening section scores on-screen immediately upon conclusion of the test. Test takers can also get their full official TOEFL iBT scores in approximately 6 days after the test. Results can also be accessible through student’s TOEFL IBT® account.
TOEFL IBT® offers MyBest Scores that show best scores of the test takers from all of their valid TOEFL iBT scores of the last 2 years. It is also valid for admission and immigration purposes. It means you may no longer be required to attempt English Test again and again.
|Prepare at ICD||Online preparations||Buy books|
Take TOEFL iBT® Test now with enhanced features and better experience. Beginning August 1,2019, test takers benefit from an improved TOEFL iBT® test experience with a shorter test, enhanced score reporting and easier registration.
1. TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition
To meet the needs of students who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT® test at a test center due to public health concerns, ETS is temporarily offering the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test. The test is identical in content, format and on-screen experience to the TOEFL iBT test taken at a test center. It is taken on your own computer at home and is monitored by a human proctor online through ProctorU®. For exam booking & other details, .
2. Instant Reading and Listening Scores
Test takers can view their TOEFL iBT® Reading and Listening section scores on-screen immediately upon conclusion of the test. These unofficial scores can be used by students as an early performance indicator and can help them make well-informed decisions, such as reporting their scores at the end of the test.
3. Shorter test:
TOEFL iBT® test time is now shortened by 30 minutes, to just 3 hours, with no changes to the overall test format or question types.
4. MyBest Score?
A new feature launched known as MyBest Scores (also Known “Superscores”) shows best scores of test takers from all of their valid TOEFL iBT scores in last 2 years. It is also valid for admission and immigration purposes. No need to attempt English Test again and again.
5. Reduced Retest Waiting Period:
A Reduced Retest Waiting Period help meet urgent deadlines. The required waiting period between TOEFL iBT tests has been reduced from 12 days to 3 days.
Test Day Information:
Candidates must adhere following before Exam:
- Before 2 days of exam, candidates must Login in to their TOEFL IBT® online account and check Registration Confirmation, just in case a change of time or location was made at their centre.
- Candidates must bring valid identification (ID) document on test day that should match the name of Candidate entered at registration time.
- TOEFL IBT® test is 3 hours long so make sure to eat a good breakfast and good luck.
- Candidate must arrive at the test centre at least 30 minutes early.
- Candidate must present an acceptable and valid ID.
- Picture of Candidate will be taken and displayed at the testing station and on candidate’s official score report. Candidate will also have to provide handwriting and signature samples.
- A seat will be assigned to the Candidate few minutes before the start time.
- No mobile phones, personal items or food are allowed in the testing room. A locker will be given to put personal items.
- Candidate can use the restroom at any time, but test clock does not stop at any time.
Support for Teachers:
ICD is helping teachers to become ETS Certified TOEFL IBT® tutors. Attend our upcoming Propell Workshop which is one day 8 hours training conducted by ETS approved facilitators.
What’s in the workshop
- Hands on teaching and learning strategies to help promote your students’ success.
- Flexible classroom activities to motivate your students
- Learning objectives for lesson plans and class activities
- Access to practice test resources
- Speaking and Writing rubrics describing the criteria for student scores
- Networking with other instructors to share ideas.
- A certificate upon completion of the workshop
Answer: TOEFL test is given more than 50 times a year.
Answer: Yes, you can take the entire test in 1 day. It is a 3 hour test and all components will be taken on computer; reading, listening, writing, speaking on the same day.
Answer: Yes you can retake the test as many times as you wish. Keep in mind that you can register your test within 3 days of your existing appointment.