The Pakistan English Language Teachers’ Association (PELTA) is a registered, non-political, non-government (NGO), voluntary body of English Language teachers from schools, colleges and universities. Formed in 2014, in Lahore, it is dedicated to improving the standard of English Language teaching and learning in Pakistan. PELTA operates on the principle of team work and self-help to enable maximum exploitation of the limited resources available in the country. As a body, it attempts to be well informed about recent developments in teaching techniques, which invariably need to be modified and improved, in order to suit the needs and limitations of the Pakistani society. It is affiliated with a number of international organizations like University of Cambridge (UK), Michigan University (States) and University of Melbourne (Australia).
PELTA is project of Institute of Career Development – A Cambridge English Exam Centre in Pakistan
To be an invaluable source of credible information, quality assistance and innovation in teaching and continuing education
Vision of Institute of Career Development: To offer a stimulating working environment with technological orientation which maximizes individual potential and ensures that students of all ability levels are equipped with the right language skills to face the challenges of education, work and life; while becoming a resource centre, for teachers, supporting teaching excellence.
PELTA is offering various kinds of programs like workshops, webinars and teachers training. Many of these programs are offered, in collaboration with Cambridge English – University of Cambridge (UK). Some of teacher training programs are as below:
- · Teaching Vocabulary and Pronunciation
- · Teaching Grammar
- · Introduction to Blended Learning
- · Grammar for Teachers: Language Awareness
- · Teaching with Technology : Internet and Tools
- · Lesson Planning and Classroom Management
- · English for the Teacher
- · Teaching Primary Learners Communicatively
- · CLIL: Introduction to Theory and Practice
- · Motivating Teenage Learners
- · Teaching with Technology : Apps and Social
- · Understanding Assessment
- · Teaching Writing
- · Teaching Speaking
- · Teaching Pronunciation
- · Evaluating and Correcting Learners
- · Apps for Teaching and Learning
- · How to teach Cambridge English: KEY (KET)
- · How to teach Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET)
- · How to teach Cambridge English: First (FCE)
- · How to teach Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- · How to teach IELTS
- · How to teach Cambridge English: Young Learner
- · Learning Oriented Assessment
By enrolling yourself in these programs you will get certificate from Cambridge English – Part of University of Cambridge (UK).
Benefits of Membership:
- If you are new in teaching field or want to get a certification from an internationally recognized university to boost your career, then you are at the right place. PELTA is providing you a platform where you don’t only improve your teaching strategies, but can also gain an international qualification.
- Get a chance to enter in the world’s biggest English Language Teachers’ Community and learn state-of-the-art techniques and methods of English Language teacher.
- Up to 50% discount in the Cambridge Teacher Training Pakistan programs.
- Discounted price for the monthly workshops on Teacher Training
- Access to free webinars and seminars on Teacher Trainings
- International and National Job Placement opportunities in the Jobs Board. It lets you browse and then apply for the jobs. The international members and recruiters contact you as your professional profile is made available showcasing your achievements (optional)
- 1 free Cambridge Teacher training course.
- Access to the Cambridge Bookshelf of unlimited books about teaching methodologies and Subscription to Digital Cambridge English Teacher Professional journal.