UKVI SELT Exam is mainly accepted for spouse visa, student visa and for other visa catagory see below.
Skills for English is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) that has been approved by UK Home office for UK Visas and Immigration to demonstrate your English language skills for your visa application. It is a computer-based exam and can be taken at Institute of Career Development which is the PSI Authorized Test Center in Pakistan.
Why Skills for English?
Skills for English is a qualification that enables you to demonstrate your knowledge of English language for a range of purposes, including work, study or settlement. With Skills for English you get:
- A qualification that is assured by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), an international leader in education and qualifications development
- A variety of test levels to match your needs precisely.
- A one-session test that is entirely computer-based, with no examiner/assessor present.
- Auto-marked reading and listening skills, with speaking and writing skills marked by expert assessors who do not see any of your personal details
- A quick turn-around on marking with results being available in as little as 3 to 5 days.
Skills for English Exam Components:
|Speaking||First you will be asked to introduce yourself. Then you will listen to a series of recordings, and respond to recorded questions and tasks presented on screen. You will do this by recording your spoken answers.|
|Listening||You will be asked to listen to a number of recordings of spoken English. These will feature one or more speakers. After each you will be asked to answer a series of multiple-choice or short word-answer questions.|
|Reading||You will be presented with a series of texts of varying lengths on screen. Then you will be asked to respond to questions about them in a range of formats. These include multiple-choice, true/false/not given, answer matching or written responses.|
|Writing||You will be given two tasks, which may be on any relevant topic. You will then be asked to organize and complete an extended written response for each task. The response has to address the task and include key information that has been identified within it.|
Which Skills for English Exam should you give for your visa application?
|UK Visa type||Skills to be demonstrated||Level||Maximum test time allowed|
||Speaking and listening||A1||30 minutes|
speaking and listening
speaking and listening
* Please note that whilst a Skills for English (UKVI) SELT is valid for any visa or immigration application where evidence of English Language proficiency is required, some types of application in the categories marked with a * may only be made from within the UK.