UKVI SELT Exam ; SKILLS FOR ENGLISH
UKVI SELT Exam is mainly accepted for spouse visa, student visa and for other visa catagory see below.
Skills for English is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) that has been approved by UK Home office for UK Visas and Immigration to demonstrate your English language skills for your visa application. It is a computer-based exam and can be taken at Institute of Career Development which is the PSI Authorized Test Center in Pakistan.
Why Skills for English?
Skills for English is a qualification that enables you to demonstrate your knowledge of English language for a range of purposes, including work, study or settlement. With Skills for English you get:
- A qualification that is assured by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), an international leader in education and qualifications development
- A variety of test levels to match your needs precisely.
- A one-session test that is entirely computer-based, with no examiner/assessor present.
- Auto-marked reading and listening skills, with speaking and writing skills marked by expert assessors who do not see any of your personal details
- A quick turn-around on marking with results being available in as little as 3 to 5 days.
Skills for English Exam Components:
|Speaking||First you will be asked to introduce yourself. Then you will listen to a series of recordings, and respond to recorded questions and tasks presented on screen. You will do this by recording your spoken answers.|
|Listening||You will be asked to listen to a number of recordings of spoken English. These will feature one or more speakers. After each you will be asked to answer a series of multiple-choice or short word-answer questions.|
|Reading||You will be presented with a series of texts of varying lengths on screen. Then you will be asked to respond to questions about them in a range of formats. These include multiple-choice, true/false/not given, answer matching or written responses.|
|Writing||You will be given two tasks, which may be on any relevant topic. You will then be asked to organize and complete an extended written response for each task. The response has to address the task and include key information that has been identified within it.|
Which Skills for English Exam should you give for your visa application?
| UK Visa type
|Skills to be demonstrated||Level||Maximum test time allowed|
|· Spouse Visa
· Partner Visa
· Child Visa
· Business visa
· Sportsperson visa
Further Leave to Remain: *
· Family life as a partner of a settled person (Spouse/Partner)
· Family life as a parent
|Speaking and listening
|· Tier 2 (General) visa
· Tier 2 Health and Care visa
· Student visa — below degree level ‡
Check with your institution
speaking and listening
|· Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
· Innovator visa
· Start–up visa
· Student visa — degree level and above ‡
Check with your institution
speaking and listening
* Please note that whilst a Skills for English (UKVI) SELT is valid for any visa or immigration application where evidence of English Language proficiency is required, some types of application in the categories marked with a * may only be made from within the UK.
‡ Formerly Tier 4: Most international students need a Student route (formerly tier 4) visa to study in the UK.
Test dates and Location:
SELT; Skills for English exam can be taken on exam dates available every Friday within time slots available from 10am to 4pm at ICD Test Center location:
Comparison of skills for English with other English Language Tests:
Skills for English is mapped to the ‘Common European Framework of Reference for Languages’ (CEFR) for UKVI purposes, but you can also see how it maps to other international English language qualifications.
|Skills For English Level Description||CEFR Levels||IELTS Scores|
Test Registration and Fee:
How to Register for Skills for English Test ?
- Go to this Link
- Please register for a Skills for English Test account.
- To book your test you will need:
- Your passport OR Govt ID card or Valid travel document with photograph.
- Details of your address
- A debit or credit card
- Your email address
- Details of any special requests you have
|UKVI speaking and listening at level A1||165 USD||Rs 26000|
|UKVI speaking and listening at level A2||165 USD||Rs 26000|
|UKVI speaking and listening at level B1||165USD||Rs 26000|
|UKVI speaking, listening, reading, writing at level B1||210USD||RS 33,000|
|UKVI speaking, listening, reading, writing at level B2||210USD||Rs 33,000|
|UKVI speaking, listening, reading, writing at level C1||210USD||Rs 33,000|
|UKVI speaking, listening, reading, writing at level C2||210USD||Rs 33,000|
Test results are available within 3 to 5 days and will be shown at your account created on Skills for english Booking portal
|Prepare at ICD||Online preparation resources|
|Face to Face / Online Classes
· Diagnostic exam
· Teacher-led sessions
· Practice tests
· Easy access to resource material
· Personalized score reports
· Homework assignment
· Teacher email support
· Online class on Zoom
For registration, call 03111-999-100
|Online Preparation Resources is available at this link
– Free sign up
– Get access to practice tests
-Available for all 4 skills
Skills for English Test: Approved by home office:
Skills for English (UKVI) has the support and approval of the UK Home Office as an official Secure English Language Test (SELT) for UK Visa and Immigration purposes. This exam can now be taken at PSI Authorized Exam Center ; Institute of Career Development.
PSI SELT EXAM ACCEPTIBILITY IN UK UNIVERSITIES:
SELT exam is accepted in the following Universities in UK now:
Test Day Information:
- Test takers must arrive the center 45 minutes before the exam start time.
- Test takers are required to bring ID document ( Primary/ Secondary forms ).
- Primary forms of ID include: government-issued driver’s license; national/ state/ country identification card; passport; passport card; military ID; alien registration card.
- Secondary forms of ID include: debit/ATM card; credit card; school ID; any form of ID on the primary list.
- An acceptable form of ID must be a current and original Government-issued ID that contains the candidate’s name, candidate’s signature, and the
- No personal items, including but not limited to, mobile phones, hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, firearms or other weapons, hats (and other non-religious head coverings), bags, coats, jackets, eyeglass cases, books, and/or notes, pens or pencils are allowed in the testing room. If you refuse to store your personal items, you will be unable to test, and you will lose your test fee.
- The test administrator will log you into your assigned workstation. You will verify that you are taking the intended test that you registered to take.
- To ensure a high level of security throughout the testing experience, you will be monitored at all times. Both audio and video may be recorded.