Linguaskill is an online test provided by Cambridge English, help candidates to check their English level. It’s a quick test that tests all four language skills: speaking, writing, reading and listening.
It provides accurate results within 48 hours, and can be easily administered and invigilated at your own venue at a time that suits you. Results are aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR), the international standard for describing language ability.
Who takes the test?
Linguaskill for Students:
Student who want to apply without IELTS and can provide result as proof. Those who want to get admission locally can provide proof of English by attempting this test. Anyone who want to assess his/her English language skills, can take this exam and get the Cambridge Certificate.
For Educational Institutes:
The institutes can test candidates easily and reliably and get the fast results. Higher Educational Institutes and pathway providers can ask their students to test their English Language level for admissions, course placements, progress measurement or graduation.
If you want to apply for a good job and need to show a proof of your English language level. You can go for this exam. A Cambridge certificate will be awarded to you as a proof of your English language level.
If you want your employees to work with other colleagues or customers from all around the world. English is the key to have a good communication skills. To support your employees to communicate fluently with other people to increase your company value, Linguaskill is the exam that can help you.
There are two options of this exam
- Linguaskill General (For the job role for every day English)
- Linguaskill Business (For the job role of English used in business or cooperate settings)
*Note that Linguaskill Business exam is conducted, only if a group of 6 students register at one time.
Exam at your venue
The online test can be easily administered and invigilated at your own venue, at a time that suits you. All you need is a computer, internet connection, a microphone and headphones. You can test the English level of individuals or groups of candidates, with clear reports to compare performance.
Testing Formats and task types.
Lingaskill assesses all four skills reading, writing, listening and speaking.
It is available in two option:
Students who are trying to get a proof of their English Language to get admissions in High Education Institutes or Universities, enrol in this exam. Linguaskill is used in daily life and the employee needs strong English skills to perform their role effectively, but will not need specialist business terminology can attempt this exam.
Linguaskill Business tests English used in a business and corporate setting, and is most suitable for recruitment in organisations where employees are expected to be familiar with the language of business.
It is suitable for large or small organisations, which may be operating on an international level. Test topics include the buying and selling of products or services, the office, business travel and human resources.
|Reading & Listening||
|Length: 60 – 85 mins||Length: 45 minutes (2 parts)||Length: 15 minutes (5 parts)|
|Types of reading tasks:
Ø Read and select
Ø Gapped sentences
Ø Multiple-choice gap filled
Ø One gap fill
Ø Extended reading
Types of listening tasks:
Ø Listen and select
Ø Extended listening
The candidate will be asked to write about 50 words
The candidate will be asked to write about 180 words
Type: letter / report
|Part 1: Interview (candidate answers 8 questions)
Part 2: Reading aloud (candidate reads 8 sentences aloud)
Part 3: long turn 1 (candidate is given a topic to talk about 1 min)
Part 4: long turn 2
Fill In this form or contact Nearest ICD Centre – https://form.jotform.me/62370818585464
Practice tests are at this link https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/linguaskill/information-about-the-test/practice-materials/
Contact us for bulk purchase / group booking of Lingua Skills at email@example.com or call 0321 8425011 to discuss more.
How to prepare:
Free Practice resources are at https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-tests/linguaskill/information-about-the-test/practice-materials/
ICD Centres also run prep classes for candidates planning to appear in Lingua Skills Tests
Conduct Cambridge Test at your office with instant results
Now you can ask your student to sit in at Laptop and appear in an online English test with result right away within 48 hours by Cambridge. See enclosed detailed brochure and a sample result card !!!
Test can assess student up to C1 level ( IELTS 8 band )
So you can
- ask your student to purchase and appear the test before investing in IELTS / TOEFL test fee
- Those who want to get admission locally can provide proof of English by attempting this
- Students who want to apply without IELTS can attempt this test and provide result as a proof.
- Anyone who want his ./ her English assessed can attempt and get a grade by Cambridge
- Any-one who want to apply for jobs locally / abroad and want to have certified English fluency can attempt the test
- Institutions / Universities / Businesses who have a group to be tested can be provided group fee discount
- A range of organisations can benefit from Linguaskill, including companies large and small, higher education institutions, training providers and pathway providers. It is an attractive tool with broad appeal, which can complement your other services and help to grow your customer base.
- The online test can be easily administered and invigilated at any time, at any venue. All an organisation needs is a computer, internet connection, a microphone and headphones. Our secure Cambridge English Test Portal is used to administer the test simply and conveniently.
- Applicants who lack in only one skill / low IELTS or TOEFL score, They can appear in only that skill instead of appearing in whole 4 skills exam. For eg. A student applied to a University abroad and have IELTS 6 over all but one module Reading 5.5 while University asks for all modules 6.0 – So candidate can appear in Reading skill only & provide result to University.