The English language test for healthcare professionals
OET is an international English language test that assesses the language and communication skills of healthcare professionals who seek to register and practise in an English-speaking environment.
It provides a valid and reliable assessment of all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking – with an emphasis on communication in medical and health professional settings.
OET tests international health practitioners in the following 12 professions:
|• Dentistry||• Pharmacy|
|• Dietetics||• Physiotherapy|
|• Medicine||• Podiatry|
|• Nursing||• Radiography|
|• Occupational Therapy||• Speech Pathology|
|• Optometry||• Veterinary Science|
OET is recognised and trusted by more than 20 regulatory healthcare bodies and councils in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Many organisations, including hospitals, universities and colleges, are using OET as proof of a candidate’s ability to communicate effectively in a demanding healthcare environment.
In addition, OET is one of only two English language tests recognised by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for a number of skilled immigration visas. DIAC also accepts OET for other visa categories, including student visas. Follow this link to see which Australian and international health Boards and Councils accept the OET.
- As part of the application process you will be asked to acknowledge that you agree to the terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate the OET Test Regulations. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted to be bound by the OET Test Regulations.
- Please print a copy of the OET Test Regulations for future reference.
- If you have read the Terms and Conditions and the OET Test Regulations please enter the application process
OET Preparation at Institute of Career Development
Institute of Career Development offers OET preparation Pakistan, mock exam and orientation. Our OET customised classes run Monday through Friday. We are closed on Saturday / Sundays and on scheduled holidays.
Key Features are
- Our OET preparation courses are designed exclusively for Health professionals including Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists & Nurses keeping in view the everyday English used in Asian environment.
- Our Class timings are flexible
- We have extensive study material, past exams and mock papers to equip you better for OET Exam
- We provide one to one individual attention, study material and online support
- For candidates outside Lahore or Pakistan, we offer SKYPE classes and material cam be sent via courier
- Fast track exam orientation for busy health professionals preparing them in shortest possible time
- As ICD is only Test Centre for OET Exam in Pakistan so we are in unique position to offer preparation in real time. ICD is conducting Cambridge Exam since last many years so we have rich experience about exams and issues usually faced by test takers (Please note that OET exams are unavailable in Pakistan at the moment)
- To register for OET Preparation please send Email to email@example.com giving details of the following
- Your name
- Your City and Country
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Your Profession and highest Degree
- Your Date of Birth
- How much time you can spare for OET Preparation weekly?
- If you are out of Lahore, do let us know if you can take SKYPE session.
- OET Test Date you want to appear? For current dates see http://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/Display.aspx?tabid=2536
- If you are already registered for OET do let us know if Test fee is paid.
NOTE: OET is not conducted in Pakistan currently due to logistocal issues & candidate must check test center availibility from OET web site dierctly.
|Test Dates||Registration Closing Dates||Results Published|
|Saturday 13 January 2018||Sunday 10 December 2017||Tuesday 6 February 2018|
|Sunday 11 February 2018||Sunday 21 January 2018||Monday 5 March 2018|
|Saturday 10 March 2018||Sunday 18 February 2018||Friday 6 April2018|
|Saturday 14 April2018||Sunday 25 March 2018||Wednesday 9 May 2018|
|Saturday 19 May 2018||Sunday 29 April 2018||Tuesday 12 June 2018|
|Saturday 16 June 2018||Sunday 27 May 2018||Monday 9 July 2018|
|Saturday 14 July 2018||Sunday 24 June 2018||Monday 6 August 2018|
|Saturday 11 August 2018||Sunday 22 July 2018||Monday 3 September 2018|
|Sunday 9 September 2018||Sunday 19 August 2018||Tuesday 2 October 2018|
|Saturday 7 October 2017||Sunday 17 September 2017||Monday 30 October2017|
|Saturday 4 November 2017||Wednesday 11 October 2017||Tuesday 28 November 2017|
|Sunday 3 December 2017||Wednesday 8 November 2017||Friday December 22 2017|
ICD do have books of OET as well which can be ordered from us.
How to register
Click here to apply for the first time.
Click here to apply to Resit