Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) Level 6
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems, delivered online by NCC Education and validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire, has been designed to prepare students for employment in the IT sector. The qualification equips students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise that will prepare them for a career in senior management IT roles. The qualification units are designed to provide the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
The final year online top-up qualification is a natural progression from our legacy International Advanced Diplomas; the Level 5 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L5DC) or Level 5 Diploma in Business IT (RQF) (L5DBIT).
- The NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L5DC)
- The NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (RQF) (L5DBIT)
- HND Computing
- Any qualification deemed to be comparable as approved by NCC Education and UCLan
For more information or to see if you qualify please email email@example.com
The qualification is made up of four 20-credit units, each of which requires an average of 200 hours of study and a project unit which accounts for 40 credits and requires approximately 400 hours of study.
Units comprise of weekly video lectures, tutorial exercises, a discussion forum and live chat sessions with subject experts. Students will have the opportunity to interact with other students from around the world and with subject experts through discussion forums.
When taken full-time, the qualification is delivered in two 15-week semesters (12 teaching weeks). Two units are studied in each semester, with the project being studied over two semesters.
Part-time students study one or two units per semester over four semesters, with the project being studied over four semesters.
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Corporate Communication Systems Management
- Managing Information Systems Projects
- Information Systems Project
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems will be awarded when students have successfully passed all units. The degree will be classified into one of the following honours categories:
- Upper Second
- Lower Second
A unit is passed when an overall unit mark of 40% or more is attained. If a resit of an assessment is required this must be done within a twelve month period.
The BSc (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems is a final year top-up qualification validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire.
- Graduates are eligible to apply for the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT (RQF) (L7DSBIT)awarded by NCC Education. Upon successful completion of the L7DSBIT, students can apply to progress onto various MSc qualifications. Alternatively, graduates of the qualification can expect to obtain a management level position in the IT industry.
Progression routes can be found on our University Progression page.
The University is registered by Royal Charter in the UK and regulated and inspected by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA)
- Ranked in the top 3.7% of all worldwide universities according to the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR)
- Ranked 31 in the UK for Computer Science and Information Systems in the Guardian League table (2016)