ICD is proud to announce the opening of Cambridge Teacher of the year award for the first time in Pakistan. This a competition specially designed for English Language teachers. The teachers will be assessed on their skills and knowledge.
About the Award:
Cambridge Teacher of the year award is for recognizing those teachers who go above and beyond the call of duty to inspire their students to great heights. If any teacher want to proof and challenge their English language teaching skills, this competition is best to be recognised worldwide.
In order to be selected for the award, a Teacher of the year candidate must
- be working at the time of application, as an English Language Teacher
- be a proficient user of English
- have a good level of English language awareness
- have experience of teaching a range of levels and preferably different types of classes
- have understanding of research-based models for effective teaching and of current trends and problems in education
- Show evidence of professional commitment in English Language Teaching. This could include self-directed professional development, or organized staff development
(e.g. in-house courses, seminars, training days, external courses, and conference attendance).
Note that: Education institute may choose a teacher(s) to participate in the competition or candidates may self-nominate, but must include a letter of recommendation from their school’s principal/college’s principal/University’s dean or other member of the administration, as applicable.
Registration process and timeline:
Follow the steps outlined below to help you to complete your registration process:
|Step 1:||Submit the filled online application form
Application Deadline: 25th April 2019
|Step 2:||Shortlisted applicants will receive 2 questions from our selection team. They will be required to send us a 1 minute video in which they answer the questions.
|Step 3:||Selected applicants will be invited to the final award ceremony where they will be required to give a poster presentation of an innovative teaching idea. The jurors will select the winners from out of these applicants
- Ensure that all the sections are completed.
- These videos will be available for view to general public for voting.
Our panel of judges will include:
|1. English language teacher trainers with an extensive experience of training teachers internationally|
|2. English language teachers with an extensive experience of teaching English internationally.|
|3. Subject specialists/linguists with esteemed background|
Didn’t receive application screening result?
If you do not receive your initial application screening result by 5th of May, please get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com
Results will be announced in July/August 2019 in a ceremony at PC Hotel Lahore.
Short listed candidates will be invited for the ceremony and 3 lucky finalists will be announced on that day.
Prize details are as following:
|1st Prize:||Rs. 100,000 and medal|
|2nd Prize||Rs. 50,000 and medal|
|3rd Prize:||Rs. 25000 and medal|
All applying candidates will be given appreciation
participation Certificates if short listed.
Certificates will also be given to schools of winning
- Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted, nor will any that are incomplete on this date.
- Video submitted as part of registration shall become the property of ICD and candidate gives all consents necessary to produce publicity material based on the video, which may be used by the ICD in the media, if required.
- Any kind of cheating/collusion will not be tolerated and subjective candidate will be eliminated with an intimation to his/her school.
- ICD shall be permitted to exclude any candidate at any time at its sole discretion.
- The decision of the judging panels is final in every situation.
- ICD reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you also agree to our general website terms and conditions.